Friday, April 4, 2008

self Indulgence

I finally took some "me time" away from the home and indulged my taste bud with a vanilla latte- 7 pumps and 2 shots of expresso yesterday. I was high on caffeine but feeling really good. I also went to Barnes and Noble and invested in my reading and writing pleasures.

I purchased (2)moleskine pocket sized journals. One for my list of words and the other for jotting down story idea's and notes.

I also purchase a few good writing books for reference, to keep on my desk.

1) The Element of Style by Strunk/White/Kalman
2) The First Five Pages by Noah Lukeman
3) Bird by Bird by Anne Lamott
4) Whose Grammar Book Is This Anyway by C. Edward Good

and my pleasure reads... Succulent by Zane and Vampyre The Terrifying Lost Journal of Dr. Cornelius Van Helsing.

So I have enough to do this weekend ... all for the self indulgence of a full time mom desperately seeking some "me time" somewhere in between this, that, and everything else. Have a wonderful weekend!

3 comments:

Michelle said...

Nothing wrong with being a little self-indulgent. Have a great weekend!

~EssenseVibez~ said...

HEY!!..i was wondering when you were off your "sring break"...i'm so totally blessed and highly favoured!...thanks for adding me to your new blog...i love it!!!...it's so inviting and positive...just like i like it *wink*...remember to "encourage and inspire those who enter your life..."
remain blessed!!!

Anonymous said...

We all need a little break here and there but you know a man will always find his time lol. Glad you enjoyed.