Thursday, April 3, 2008

"me time"

I'm telling you that yesterday was ROUGH! I tried to play SUPERMOM by doing the multi-tasked thing... online, joining book clubs, tweaking my blog, editing my story, talking on the phone, cooking (3 meals), organizing my lil'nook, washing clothes, changing diapers, playing the so called perfect playmate, grocery shopping and the list goes on.

But what really peeves me is my other half doesn't see the hard work women (I) do when we (wo-MAN) take on the SAHM role by preference over a lack of quality child care facilities at an affordable price. I'm not complaining... or am I? I just want a little "me time" or do I give all that up after becoming a mom? Heck nawww, I just need to figure out how to get my time in without feeling too exhausted once the house has settled down for the evening.

If role reversal were to take place between me and my other half he wouldn't make it. See I'm releasing aka venting on my blog but he'll explode because they (MEN) just can't handle the multi-tasked roles of a (wo-MAN). It's been proven and you think they would finally understand what we do behind the walls of our loving home.

ANYHOOTS--- I didn't edit my story like I intended to do last night. But today I'll take a multivitamin and dope myself up on caffeine with an extra shot of espresso before I take on the editing phase of my story. My goal is to submit it on the 8th, do I have enough time between now and then?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

thats why a man is a man and a woman is a woman, you can't confuse the two. there are just some things men can't do but put in a situation where there isn't a choice then we can do anything a woman can do ;)

Anonymous said...

Maybe I should take some "me time" before everyone else needs me because by the time the house has settled down for the evening, I'm exhausted!

Take your me-time and sis...men ain't nothing but big kids...and just like kids they're more than a notion. It's unfortunate that Black women...even today...still have to do most of the work to make a relationship work!

mindspill said...

come on itz all good, men aren't capable of doing nearly as much as a woman and still keep their sanity without exploding. But right here is where you and I agree to disagree. I'm glad you came on over, it's always good to have the other gender share his point of view. Don't be a stranger man;)

anonymous, I took that me time later that night by relaxing in a bath of hot water smothered with divine pleasure(bubble bath). And you right, instead of having 3 kids I have 4, my big oversize other half. Thanks for coming by :)