Tuesday, April 1, 2008

lesson's learned

After discovering a new muse, today I decided to put my thoughts to paper and do what Walter Mosley claims I can do, This Year You Write Your Novel. Read excerpt «---

I'm a novice to this thing call writing. Last month I wrote a short erotic story and submitted it to Amber Quill Heat Wave contest---UNEDITED. I know shame on me huh??? But it's ok since it was my first time I did learned a few valuable lessons to last a life time.

001) always give yourself plenty time to write
002) never submit your first draft, that's a big NO NO!
003) always edit your work & revise the final draft before submission
004) and never take rejection as failure- it's an ACCOMPLISHMENT!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

lessons from our own experiences are the best one's learned. Congratulations though from writing your first draft. I'm sure editing it will be even a success once it's published. So when are you going to share your work.

mindspill said...

You got that right, my greatest lessons learned are from the mistakes I made. Yes I would luv to share my work with you... in due time ;)

Michelle said...

Sounds like you learned some valuable lessons. Keep writing.