Wednesday, April 2, 2008

new day

I hadn't written a poem in a long time... so today I decided to write and see where my words flow.


new day

i imagine...
the sound of echo's
the silence of whispers
a song without lyrics
the conversations of speech
the rhythm of the untamed heartbeat
i imagine...
the cries of those who lived
some wish death could erase the tears
while holding onto cherished years
unsettled minds
awaiting time
slowly dissipates
i imagine...
the pain and joy
loneliness
emptiness
togetherness
as we walk through the rain
oblivious to the storm
abandoned by the fear unarmed
i imagine...
dancing to the hums of the African drums
shadow of the sun
keeping step in spite of the heat
until the moon pardons my (un) orchestrated feet
kindred’s of my past
spirits set free
reclaiming the missing part of me
i imagine...
a season of change
awareness of self
growth
and wisdom
eyes open
mouth closed
thoughts are scattered
but my soul is WHOLE
i imagine...
God gave me a reason
to scribe with I feel
imagination to create
breathe life to procreate
maybe to heal
uplift
or to help other's forgive
is it to entertain acquiring a little fame?
For whatever the reasons I vow to give
LIFE a chance to embrace the hues of a
a new me
a new start
a new beginning
unearthed is a new day©
Living the colors of my muse.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

very good poem, i like it! now i'm inspired to write something too. I wrote at one time but stop, lost the passion for the moment. Did you know that April is National Poetry month.

mindspill said...

I didn't know about April being National Poetry month. I may check into that and try to write a few more poems. Be sure to read them and tell me what you think, ok...

Michelle said...

A wonderful poem -- very inspiring. IT has me looking forward to a new day as well.